Making a list of Best Miter Saws is a tricky task for sure. The cost vs. quality argument is the first thing you deal with. That is why we have created a list of the best miter saws 2021. After researching online and spending hours testing these miter saws, We have shortlisted the top miter saws, which you can buy right now.
So without further ado, let’s hop on to what is in store for you!
|Miter Saws||Rating||Check Price|
|Craftsman V20 CMCS714M1||⭐⭐⭐|
1. DEWALT DWS780 – The Best Miter Saw 2021
DEWALT DWS780 performs the fast task of crosscuts in timber, also including the proper edges; its seat implies related to making synthetic plus several sorts of aluminum elements.
The DEWALT Saw is set to make a smooth Miter, and the upward slope ends at an identical time, supporting users to build complicated forms, including a free performance. The sliding tool considerably improves the cutting diameter related to the other Miter saws.
- Strong And Heavy Machine: The Dewalt is a multifaceted Miter Saw that is excellent for beginners and experts. It is accurate and robust enough to manage a great design of forming works of elegant timber production, everyone, the access to set construction. Some of the most useful features maintain its unique LED distribution, also a durable 15-amp machine, which supports that Miter saw to chop within the wood at a velocity as high as a reasonable rate.
- Massive Capacity: This holds particularly accurate when more substantial items require a cut. Besides a bulk of mid-range Miter saws, thou mean limited to which extent parts you do fine to skip. However, the DWS780 can cut pieces in a 90-degree edge that stands up to 16 measurements. This is important and gives a very accomplished Miter saw which you seat performance to several distinct functions.
Good Blades Saw
This Miter Saw is equipped with the sharpest blades. These sharp blades made the right edges during the cutting and Saw worked very efficiently. The Blades are fixed with each other to make the piece of wood in a very definite shape. Moreover, it is excellent in the form of blades for cutting. The angle which is always set in the leaves is about 50-60 degree. Therefore these blades in the SawSaw make the sliding cuts as well.
XPS System On Miter Blade
This Miter saw enables you to recognize specifically wherever the edge is moving to cut. Several people found that new technological innovation to manage even more useful than a single design method. Nevertheless, including the XPS method, the sharpness of the blades is determined to reveal you accurately wherever the cut is maintaining to do perform. This gives it very carefully to use that SawSaw completely.
2. Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD – Efficient For Work
This GCM12SD model of miter saw is beautiful for cutting and moving cuts into the different pieces precisely. The Bosch has a different angle for cutting to varying degrees of an edge like on the left side 52, and right is 60 degrees.
Vacuum Adapter And Dusting Bag
You need to collect the dust and dirt during the working for this purpose, always need a bag. This Saw system is equipped with a dusting bag in it, which is very common for the working Miter. A vacuum adapter is also set in the Miter, which is used for removal of the extra loaded dusting, and good air circulation movement is to be required to save and make Miter saw for work efficiency.
- Small Footprint: The Bosch model of the Miter Saw has set small price footprints. These small footprints are helpful for the setting and space in between the SawSaw and close the vast expanse of arranging in it. Bosch has prevailed the 60 teeth in the SawSaw, which are always used in the fine cuttings and make excellent and accurate cuts still at their given angle. The small space is so good to show precise cutting and increase the cutting speed for it.
- Power And Durability In Blades: This SawSaw is full of energy in the blades to make the different cuts very precisely during the cutting of hardwoods and different plastic material as well. The edges in this Saw are strong enough to cut in very little time. Because the saw blades are good, they always increase the working speed and increase motor efficiency, which is set in the SawSaw. The durability in the edges is as well as suitable to manage the work in a better way. Miter saw is set more durable because of its excellent and sharp edges and the blades setting in the SawSaw.
3. Hitachi C10FCH2 Single Bevel – Heavy Duty Miter Saw
The Hitachi has set the new model of C10FCH2 with excellent and accurate cutting angle settings in the blades. The blades in the SawSaw are exchanged with other blades to make some small and thin pieces of different cuts in the woods. A good bevel range is also used in the Miter saw for different cutting angles in wood and plastic materials.
Suitable Clamp Setting
The Hitachi Miter saw model reveals that it is set to equipped with a new and useful grip clamp setting. These clamps in the Hitachi Saw are helpful for the gripping of the handle and exceed the place from the actual cutting and in between the hands of the person attached to the saw during working. The clamp system is set in SawSaw, usually secure to you from the extra cutting and safe your hands from any victim and danger of cuts.
- Miter Power And Portability: The Miter saw it is advanced and loaded with the good and some extra power of cuttings. The motor machine which is set in this model of Hitachi is always to be strong enough of 15-AMP. This power of the motor improves the cutting speed and ever noticed that the maximum speed comes to the range of 5000 RPM. As well as the rate is good enough, the cutting quality is also improved to cut the fine and flat pieces of plastic and wood material. The SawSaw is portable, and you can move with it any place in a constructive way. Parts are detached and collected to it and shift quietly from one place to another.
- Laser Technology And Dusting System: This model is fetched with the new and advanced technology of the laser system. The laser system in the Hitachi is good to use for the marking of cutting points in different places. Laser technology is more helpful for the setting of good cuts in different areas, and the laser is used to make specific points on those places. The Dusting system is always needed in the different Miter saw, which is necessary to collect the extra dust from it during the working, and it is equipped with the bag in it for dust collection.
4. Festool 561287 Kapex KS 120 – Long Lasting Miter Saw
Kapex is the very attractive Miter Saw in the store now doing pieces that match the most precise cutting in the job. Low in power is also huge in features. This KS 120 is a unique excellent tool for the works or specific work situation. The design of this item looks at any of the other points the SawSaw holds to decide if it is right for you or not
Excellent Design And Efficient In Working
The vital thing which is to be set in this model of Kapex is that it’s a design that is different from the other SawSaw and makes it more beautiful in shape than the other ones. The Kapex is also working very efficiently and always shows good results during the cutting of woods and other timber material in different stages. A double laser saw is set in it, which makes it work more powerfully in dual side functions.
- Dusting Bag Machine: One of the fantastic features is that this SawSaw collects dirt and dust quickly. All the developer says that it is most efficient in the dust collection. Therefore there is not just a bag of sand attached, but it also has a perfect machine system to make the dust through a hook.
- Transparent Blades: The Kapex is set and equipped with more powerful and open blades and edges. These are set in this model to perform excellent work and cut the wood more precisely in shape from its sides to make more accuracy in work. Transparent blades are more helpful to show working adaptability. This model is held to set the fragile edges for fine cuts.
5. DEWALT DWS709 Miter Saw – Best Durable
Woodcutting is the most versatile technique, which is not comfortable enough, as we know. The woodworker requires excellent skills in the modern world because of the use of unique and advanced Miter saw. The DEWALT Miter saw is perfect, with all the extra power accessories in it are fitted for good cutting use of different possible materials.
The overall performance of this model is always pleased and good enough to work very accurately. The blades are so loud sufficient for the working and make good power adaptability in it. As usual, the overall performance is efficient. Nevertheless, a great and colossal power motor is beneficial for working. The production is also excellent and secure enough in this model is due to the right bag setting for dusting in the dust during work and collects in the right way for more work.
- Lightweight Design: DEWALT has set the new model of Miter saw, which is excellent, lightweight, and most sturdy in shape and design. The DWS709 is portable and very light in weight for shifting it from places in different range zones. The sliding and cutting adaptability in the model of SawSaw is so helpful for ease to use.
- Huge Cutting Capacity: The blades are correctly set in place for cutting small pieces in different materials. The sliding cutting system is enormous for the hardest and smooth cutting. Nevertheless, You can use Dewalt for the Large cutting and also hard materials in these blades. The blades show a movement of cutting, and you get a good advantage from the DEWALT for cuts. The shape of cutting material becomes more reliable for use in a different setting position quickly.
- DEWALT Motor Speed: The motor is also set in this model and is speedy enough for working. If you want the work in beautiful shape as well as in the little time consuming, then this motor works very efficiently and loads the huge volume capacity of cutting. Always check the motor power. There is an excellent set of 15-AMP, which makes the speed of the motor in turn for almost the maximum of 3800RPM.
6. Hitachi C12RSH2 Dual-Bevel – Best Budget Miter Saw
The C12RSH2 is an appeal to woodworkers who have to work in vast areas as well as restricted places. This model has Nemours features and excellent adaptability speed ease of working. You can easily use this model for commercial purposes as well.
Less Rail Placing
The best and useful thing which is added in this model is that there is less rail placing area for the blades during the cutting of different pieces. These features show a good result in the Hitachi and make it versatile from the other Miter saw like DEWALT etc.
- Compact Sliding Method: The unique method of cutting is used in this model as slide cuts are easily placed on the wood material and plastic as with an accurate angle and degree of cutting. Mostly the Miter saw has fixed and useful function with their motor and also as well the sliding blades settings. The cuts are very much good in seem to be decorative in the features.
- Point Marker Functions: An extra feature that is to be set in it is that the right laser technology is set for the points maker to mark the points at usual places of cutting by a small end of the laser light. Without these features of adaptation, the SawSaw is always half in work.
- Bavel Cuts And Dust Collection: The Laser Hitachi model also reveals you to make you perfect for the working at the time most suited bevel cuts and a dust collection. A bag is hung and attached with it to make the SawSaw more powerful and robust for working in different hard and moist materials also.
7. TACKLIFE Sliding Compound Miter Saw – Best Performance
Control And Flexibility
When it comes to flexibility and control, no other product can compete with this miter saw. In addition to this, the bevel and swinging angles add more to power and flexibility.
You can make various cuts with the laser guide. The Tacklife PMS02X Compound Miter Saw is equipped for making square cuts, compounds, and slope cuts. It can make a vertical cut of up to 4-1/8 and a settled limit of up to 4-3/4″. The laser installed is to give you the most extreme accuracy in your wounds.
- Performance: This Tacklife compound miter saw includes a 12-inch sharp blade that twists up to 3,500 RPM. The sharp edge can slope up to 45° to one side with a 45° miter point in the two directions for expanded adaptability. There are five positive stops for each standard blade when cutting whatever material you feed the sharp knife (0°, 15°, 22.5°, 30°, and 45°).
- Laser Guide: This miter saw comes with a laser guide, which enables you to cut accurately. Furthermore, some of the users come with a problem regarding the accuracy of the laser, but this one is flawless. However, it can make your work more accessible than you think.
- Ergonomic Design: The compound miter saw accompanies a soft even handle, which is covered with an elastomer casing, which decreases vibrations when cutting into wood and metal. Waves are not an issue at all with this miter saw, and there is a sensibly low degree of sound delivered when cutting wood and metal. Also, there is a removable bag that can be fitted onto the suction tool to gather dust, leaving your workspace practically free from the trash.
8. CRAFTSMAN V20 CMCS714M1 – Best Portable
The sliding ability takes into account a cut limit of 8-inch crosscuts when setting at 90-degrees, and 5.5 inches at 45 degrees. Also, this Saw includes a 3-5/8-inch settled crown and 3-1/2 inch baseboard limit when cutting vertically.
The sliding component uses two rails for the motor to slide on, with a lock for simple travel and expanded security.
- Battery Platform: The Craftsman Cordless 7-1/4 Miter Saw runs on the Craftsman V20 battery platform. Using the included 4Ah battery, the Saw is expressed to have the option to make 585 cuts in 3-1/4 inch MDF baseboards. This saw gauges in at 12 inches tall, 23 inches wide, and weighed 21.8 pounds.
- Fast Motor: Sometimes, most of the users have come up with a complaint regarding the motor of the Miter Saw, but you will not discover any issue while using this item. Furthermore, if you are working on 2x lumber, then this 3800RPM motor will easily cut it with its massive power. In addition to this, there is likewise another function, which is an electric brake. However, it allows the users to use it to stop the blade from spinning on its quick release.
- Power Button: Nonetheless, there is a power button that is placed on the handle. You might be wondering why it is installed in this item. Moreover, it is for security or a safety precaution to avoid any kind of accident when the battery is dead. Furthermore, the vital trigger is a switch trigger and enables simple activation while holding the handle.
Single Bevel Design
A single bevel configuration takes into consideration up to a 47-degree bevel for making compound cuts. Miter cuts of up to 47 degrees, both left and right, with nine distinct detents, stops worked in for expanded precision during use.
9. Makita LS1216L 12-Inch Dual Slide – Most Powerful
So pretty about every 12″ miter saw is going to come stuffed with a 15 amp motor, and the Makita LS1216L is no exception. Nevertheless. When you take a look at no-load speed, Makita is at 3200 RPM, where different brands run in the 4000 RPM neighborhood. While it may not look incredible on paper.
The Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw likewise has a fast drive motor using Makita’s electronic speed control to improve the capacity to keep up sharp blade speed. The outcome is an exceptionally positive cutting experience.
As a little something extra, direct-drive motors do not lose speed like belt-driven motors that start to loosen after some time.
Accuracy is the most critical factor that you need to look at before you buy a Miter Saw. Furthermore, this miter saw has a perfect accuracy factor. Moreover, when calibrated, every miter saw must cut accurately at 90 degrees.
You can bevel left to 45 degrees with no snag. To engage the stops at 22.5 and 33.9 degrees, you have to pull the angle stop switch forward. In case you want to stop at 33.9, you have to leave the angle stop switch in its override position until you move past 22.5.
Cut capacity is another shining element for this miter saw. Moreover, you will quickly receive an entire 15″ cut capacity at 90 degrees. Furthermore, it also has the ability of vertical cuts.
To help boost the vertical cut limit, a crown molding stop can be found on the top rails. In spite of the fact that it is made of plastic, it is likewise straightforward to use and instinctive. Just flip the change to slide it in position and lock the two rails set up.
Note: Some of the users say that this miter saw comes without an extension, which makes it tough while adjusting the product.
The Hitachi C10FSHC does a great job in general jobs. It can also cut 2 x 4 stock, cedar clapboard poplar, PVC outside trim, oak trim, and moldings. It is genuinely reduced and compact at just 45.6 pounds. This enables you to move it around, starting with one place of work then onto the next with no problem.
- Durable Sliding System: The Hitachi C10FSHC accompanies fixed rails on which the sliding arm moves with a linear movement heading. This combination enables you to slide the Saw in a smooth and natural motion. This design empowers the Saw to be pushed in the wrong spot and extra you an incredible space in your workshop or garage.
- Placed Controls: The best achievement after buying a miter saw is to have easy access to all the controls. In addition to this, you can have easily accessible commands that are located on the front. Furthermore, this can save you time to reach the bevel.
- Laser Guide: The Hitachi C10FSHC accompanies a flexible laser market and LED light. The laser is not that quite a bit of a premium feature to get directly to the point with you. Yet, something else, everything else, is truly exceptional. The laser marker can be changed by the left of the cut using dials that are set on the saw sharp blade spread. Nevertheless, the switches are situated on the tool’s handle and secured with elastic, weatherproof boots. Besides, the laser alteration dials are put under the plastic edge watch, which is a genuinely peculiar situation.
- Strong Motor: This miter saw comes with the best, reliable, and powerful motor, which can give you a speed of up to 3200 RPM. Moreover, the engine can also offer you a soft start, which ensures smooth cutting as well.
Fixed Miter Saw Vs. Sliding Miter Saw
A Miter saw solely depends on the power of good ideas, especially if you are running DIY workshops. Playing with Wood pieces and making something out of them can be super relaxing, and with the correct tools and appropriate knowledge, it will be a pie on the cake.
However, when you are stepping out in the market for tools shopping, it gets pretty confusing with the number of unique tools available, made for particular purposes. Similarly, a miter saw allows you to make angle cuts precisely and accurately is coming in two different types. But, which one should be better? And how can we make this critical decision? I suppose enough awareness to clear your mind about Fixed Miter Saw Vs. Sliding Miter saw would be better in this case.
However, I will discuss in detail what difference each of them would make in your DIY projects. Hence, Fixed Miter saw Vs. Sliding Miter saw will be an interesting discussion, so let’s do it.
What is a Fixed Miter Saw?
The name tells so much about the product. Similarly, a Fixed Miter saw tells us that it is fixed, meaning it won’t come with rails, and the blade would also stay up at its adjacent position. So, if you are more into traditional artwork, then this product is for you.
Furthermore, the most valuable part of a fixed miter saw that you wouldn’t experience with the sliding one is you can make all kinds of cuts on your wide wood piece, and it will ensure the cut at the right or fixed angle you set. Its fundamental parts, including pivoting and angled arms, ensure that your intricate cuts with challenging angles turn out perfect. And since the blade is fixed, you wouldn’t have to waste time by being extra careful about your DIY project and your hand.
What is a Sliding Miter Saw?
A Sliding Miter saw requires extra attention and a lot of practice before use. You can cut larger wood pieces like 12 to 16 inches because the blade is not fixed here and can continuously move upward and backward, providing you enough capacity to move the object.
I think professionals use Sliding Miter saw for its blade versatility and an ability to cut larger wooden pieces and boards, so it takes less time to complete a project but requires peak effort and attention.
Fixed Miter Saw Vs. Sliding Miter Saw
Fixed Miter saw is inexpensive than the sliding one and is more portable. However, with the Fixed Miter saw, you would not get to work on larger boards and more than 6 inches wide wood pieces because of the limited capacity. It is perfect for the wood pieces that require maximum angle because the built-in arc helps to pivot the arm to move and make extreme cuts.
Sliding Miter saw allows you to make significant cuts on large and thick pieces, thanks to its sliding blade. However, it can be cumbersome and expensive to have for a regular artisan.
Both Miter saws have their own key features that make them different from each other, and you should get them according to your needs. Making a final decision wouldn’t be such complex if you know what you will need and what kind of equipment will suit you best for your DIY projects.
Sometimes deciding on Fixed Vs. Sliding Miter saw can be confusing because more or less both have the same purposes. One provides excel angles while the other allows working on large capacity. But, the significant difference between them is portability and budget that you should consider investing time on.
Uses of Miter Saw – Its Types and How to Use a Miter Saw
Before discussing the uses of miter saw, let us know about what miter saw is. It is a specialized tool that is designed to make cuts regardless of the angle. This saw comes with a blade mounted on a swing arm that pivots left or right to ensure angled cuts. It can be used for crown molding, picture frames, window casings, door frames, and more to get the job done in a quick manner.
How to Use a Miter Saw
Let know about a few variations of the miter saw and their uses that include:
Sliding Compound Miter Saws
This type of miter saws comes with all the versatility because they have all the features that compound miter saws have. As a radial arm saw, it lets you move the blade in both directions, such as forward and backward. Out of the most amazing features, it has to increase the length of cut it does offer.
Compound Miter Saws
This type of miter saw has blades that pivot left as well as the right to get an angled cut. It also allows you to get a tilt in a single direction for bevel cuts. You have to manipulate the saw on both of its axes at once to yield a compound miter cut that would be good for any project, such as crown molding, picture frames, and more. The best thing about this material is that it takes only one pass.
Dual Compound Miter Saws
Lastly, this type of miter saw comes with compound miter saw-like functions that can tilt only in one direction. But this can tilt in both directions, such as left and right, to get the right bevels regardless of the angle.
Here we have some features of the miter saw that include:
- It gives you higher amps.
- The blade size could be 8, 10, and 12. Hence you can get longer cuts as much as possible.
- There are depth stops that allow adjustment of the blade’s height.
- You can articulate blade guards to keep the guard clear of the stock.
- Unlike other machines, it lets you get dust chute or bowlers to move sawdust.
- The miter saw lets you get electric brake reverse to the flow of electricity in the saw motor.
- You will get spindle or shaft locks to make blade changes easier.
- To get support, you can add sliding and flip fences.
- For easy readings, the miter saw lets you get digital displays.
There are some factors that you need to consider before you decide to buy the best miter saw for your domestic woodwork.
- Power: If you are the one who has been doing woodwork for a long time, you must be looking for an item with high energy. Moreover, you must need a miter saw that cuts through the wood the way a knife goes through any food.
- Blade: Sharp blade size is something that you have to consider. You may not require a twelve-inch cutting blade, yet the more significant the knife, the bigger cuts that you can make. A considerable number of people utilize a ten or a 12-inch sharp blade, yet you have to consider them to be little as 4 inches. In any case, you have to comprehend what you will be cutting to see better the blade size that you need. Additionally, one thing to note is if you have a 12-inch miter saw, you would just have the option to utilize 12-inch sharp blades, as the other basically will not work because of mechanics. Most saws confine the capacity to put the edge on in any case because of security reasons. You should not only be focusing on the blade, as considering the teeth are also important. In addition to this, every Saw comes with a number of teeth. Furthermore, if the module is large, it will have more teeth, but if the blade is small, it will have less number of teeth. Nevertheless, you may be wondering why it is necessary, so the answer is that, if there are a vast number of teeth, you will have a smooth finish effectively.
- Cutting Ability: Having a reliable motor and the correct sharp blade is a specific something. However, the majority of us are searching for a saw that will make exact cuts at a few vario8s points. One thing you need to search for is the thing that we call positive stops. These are predesignated positions. Generally, they are set at the most widely recognized blades, which permits you to alter your cut quickly. A few saws even have one-contact switches that allow you to progress, starting with one cut then onto the next. Having progressively positive stops can remove the measure of time that is needed when you are changing, beginning with one cut then onto the next. You additionally need to ensure when you lock your Saw that it bolts firmly. The exact opposite thing you need to do is to be cutting and have the Saw move strangely, causing a bad cut. Having a quality saw that secures setup is the ideal approach to guarantee your Saw and the wood you are cutting doesn’t move.
- Dust Collection: This facto is overlooked by many people, but they need to know that dust and debris can add more to the air, which can cause air pollution as well. Nonetheless, you may go for such an item that can avoid making dust, so the health of the worker is saved. Furthermore, it also enables you to see the area that you are cutting on the wood. So it means that it ensures clear-cutting. Our team recommends you to go for such products that contain a dust collection so that it can go directly to that collection.
- Extras: There are a couple of extra items that are added to a saw to get the job simpler. You may be looking for the laser attachment that accompanies most saws. You will love having the option to see precisely where your blade is going to descend at. Clear-cutting guards are another piece that you will like to use too. Having the option to see through the cutting guard and utilizing a laser makes this activity ten thousand times simpler.
- Safety: Whenever you use a saw, you must be looking at its safety features for the users. However, using a saw may sometimes lead to something terrible. For avoiding such situations, companies have become more visible, and they are now installing more safety features for the protection of the workers. The first safety option that you will surely like is the saw guard. This is something to be thankful for to have on the Saw when you are moving it or in any event when it is being used. It shields from any coincidental mishaps. Something else to search for is electric brakes. These breaks help to prevent the blades from turning inside two seconds. It works by turning around the progression of power, carrying the brakes to a quick stop.
Q: What is the best miter saw for home use?
A: There is a number of miter saws available in the market, but Makita LS1216L 12-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser, and DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw, Double Bevel (DWS780) are the best you can ever find.
Q: What is the most valuable miter saw?
A: It all depends on the budget you are going to spend. If your budget is tight and you want a durable product, then DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw (DWS709) may be the best pick for you.
Q: Should you decide to buy a 10-12 inch Miter Saw?
A: Trim is merely more than 4 inches, so you have a lot of squirms living with a 10-inch miter saw. A 10-inch blade will turn quicker than a 12-inch knife, bringing about smoother cuts. Equivalent motors fueling the two sharp blades will bring about a higher RPM rate on the 10-inch cutting edge, and higher RPMs mean a better finish.
Q: Should you buy a table saw or a miter saw?
A: However, it depends on the project you are working on. If you are planning to make long cuts, then go for a table saw, while if you are there to make small, then go for a miter saw.
Final Words – Wrapping It Up
Searching for the best miter saw 2021 is challenging for you when you are a beginner, so we have made this task easier for you. Furthermore, our team has done proper research to offer you the best products. Check out our guide on best table saws and how to use a miter saw.